The debate "Atheists have to have evidence to believe in anything" was started by
October 26, 2015, 9:06 pm.
24 people are on the agree side of this discussion, while 16 people are on the disagree side.
That might be enough to see the common perception.
It looks like most of the people in this community are on the agreeing side of this statement.
PsychDave posted 4 arguments, stevenchen posted 1 argument, liamjosephcash posted 1 argument, omactivate posted 4 arguments, WaspToxin posted 1 argument, historybuff posted 3 arguments to the agreers part.
ADrunkenRobot posted 1 argument to the disagreers part.
stevenchen, PsychDave, liamjosephcash, pajrc1234, bigB, omactivate, Sosocratese, wayneSPEC, historybuff, WaspToxin, action007man, tr, toffeebrush, StarSoul and 10 visitors agree.
ADrunkenRobot, AndRea, Yuki_Amayane, wmd, windu2420, Bodaciouslady16, srishti_pinkleaves, Picassota, alexoliver and 7 visitors disagree.
If You Don?t Stand for Something, You?ll Fall for Anything. -Anonymous
just say what the discussion was called
to copy and past a argument is easy. but if I did you would get mad at me for repeating myself
thank you for further proving that your lazy. At least be more spacific
I'm not going to repeat my argument on 2 different debates.
Alex, saying to see other debates is not only lazy debating, but is utterly pointless since people would have rebutted your arguments in those other debates. If you have an argument, make it. If not, don't reference debates that have long since been buried in the boards.
I've seen people try to defend visions. it all comes down to faith. I have never seen any defense (including from you) that can't be easily and logically explained.
visions are your brain twisting your reality
see the other debate about the visions.
no. not being able to see God doesn't mean there's no evidence. there being no evidence means there's no evidence.
yes, i agree, I don't believe things without evidence, even though I can't see God, that dies not mean there is no evidence.
requiring evidence is the mark of an intelligent person. believing things with no evidence is a sign of delusion.
"Atheists have to have proof to believe in anything".
yes they do. so do creationists.
So what you are saying is that you need evidence to believe in evolution?
the church states evolution is a matter of opinion as long as you believe God was behind it.
What makes you think you are smarter than the Pope?
Again, liking soccer is an opinion. The existence of evolution is a matter of evidence. The two are not the same.
no, I don't believe in evolution, or the big bang, I don't like soccer.
if I blindly did everything the pope did, I would like soccor, believe in evolution, and the big bang.
you blindly follow what the Pope says. you believe his invisible friend makes him always right. that's blindly following.
nothing at all, who blindly follows ideas around here? not me.
what's bad about wanting proof instead of blindly following an idea
No I said donating helps.
ya things were different back then, if you passed a begger you gave him a penny. people were not greedy like we are today. the biggest reason we don't require people to donate today, is because people don't have enough money in this economy (cough... Obama). the church will welcome everyone, not just those who have money.
but saying you can bribe your way into heaven? you can murder and rape all you want but give the church alot of money and all is forgiven. also tithes were required. you had to pay the church. it wasn't optional.
Look at the giraffe, tell me, did it have natural selection, or mutation?
well, donating money is a good work of charity that will certainly make you look better in the eyes of God. yes we strongly encourage donating money.
the Catholic church has always strongly encouraged people to give money. it used to be required. that's where the word tithe comes from. popes have said that of you pay the church enough money your sins would be forgiven.
if you think that evolution requires guidance you clearly don't understand what evolution is.
1. the Catholic church will not kick you out if you don't donate.
2. the human body is so complex it could not have evolved unless though guidence by god, or simply by a master planer creating everything.
4. so before the big bang there was only space? where did this negative matter come from? because negative matter can't be nothing.
5. I agree a bit with that, I do believe in EVOLUTION WITHIN SPECIES. like we humans today are being born with less wisdom teeth then humans 2000 years ago
1) I don't really care, though you kind of DO pay if you use the offering plate.
2) there are natural mechanisms, like a biogenesis, evolution, etc. The reason why the human body is matched to fit is the evolution.
3) Well, Christianity is what believes this God that did this this and this. The natural force can't be the Christian God because it didn't do this this and this.
This is because space is just negative matter, and there must be space to hold matter, it's actually the same as before the universe was created. That was the Big Bang
5) We didn't. Through generations, humans will become less like us in small ways, like Mycostatin levels, learning styles, rationality, etc.
6) I do give to credit.
Everyone believes. Knowledge is a subset of belief according to classical and contemporary theories of knowledge.
Atheism specifically is a lack of belief in God or gods.
But belief is a prerequisite of knowledge.
Atheists do not believe. They lack belief. This question is inherently misinformed about the stance of atheists.
1) You do not have to pay to beleive in God
2) There IS proof that there is a God. It requires intelligence to create such a complex universe. And why does the human body function so perferctly, like how our gray matter fits in the skull
3) God doesn't have to be a being, but he can be a force of nature, like space
4) How did every matter just appear in the universe. I say the big bang could of been apart of genesis
5) Why did we stop evolving?
6) You are probably going to think my argument is a load of BS, but you have to give me credit for trying.
That is how rational people deal with life, religious or not. If I told you I could predict next week's lottery numbers and for $100 I'd tell you, would you give me money or demand proof?