Computers will be sophisticated enough to model human brains by 2050

February 16, 2015, 10:17 pm

Agree10 Disagree14

42%
58%

The debate "Computers will be sophisticated enough to model human brains by 2050" was started by I_Voyager on February 16, 2015, 10:17 pm. By the way, I_Voyager is disagreeing with this statement. 10 people are on the agree side of this discussion, while 14 people are on the disagree side. People are starting to choose their side. It looks like most people are against to this statement.

I_Voyager posted 1 argument to the disagreers part. posted the first argument on this debate as a disagreeing part.

liamjosephcash, LeaderOfDiscussion, spellbeechamp and 7 visitors agree.
I_Voyager, Sosocratese, wmd, Raydiff3r, rubellum, theguy and 8 visitors disagree.

Although I think the brain can and will be modelled, I believe current experts in the field underestimate the role of microtubials inside neurons in consciousness. There is also a good chance quantum phenomenon effect consciousness on that scale. By 2050 we will build a neural network between dumb neurons. Making each neuron in the network a powerful quantum computer will require decades more advancement.

4 years, 9 months ago
Discuss "Computers will be sophisticated enough to model human brains by 2050"
Add an argument!
Use the arrow keys to navigate between statements. Press "A" to agree and press "D" to disagree.