Dalton7532 Being gay is not normal. It is not right to be gay.

June 3, 2016, 10:42 pm

Agree11 Disagree23

32%
68%

The debate "Dalton7532 Being gay is not normal. It is not right to be gay." was started by SwaggerPoptart on June 3, 2016, 10:42 pm. By the way, SwaggerPoptart is disagreeing with this statement. 11 people are on the agree side of this discussion, while 23 people are on the disagree side. That might be enough to see the common perception. It looks like most people are against to this statement.

SwaggerPoptart posted 1 argument to the agreers part.
SwaggerPoptart posted 2 arguments to the disagreers part.

sabrina, Marvelgirl2002, jberry, Bestivitiness, bruff21 and 6 visitors agree.
Donald_J_Trump, MichaelEaborn, joey, CoffeeWhite1, SwaggerPoptart, xXimmapersonXDXx, joplinnocera, RyanWakefield, SueAnnMohr, DB8101, Schnuupi, EddyCamacho, fishermo20, afterlife27 and 9 visitors disagree.

I do not care what society thinks. I don't have a problem with people being gay, and I would stay straight. :)

6 days, 14 hours ago
RogueAmerican
replied to...

Looking at your first post, no I wouldn't be able to suppress the feelings, but I wouldn't be compelled to act on them. Everyone has struggles after all.

1 year, 6 months ago
SwaggerPoptart
replied to...

Basically, that it was I was trying to imply, yes. I'm just wondering how you would react in this situation.

1 year, 6 months ago
RogueAmerican
replied to...

So in a world in which I remained a heterosexual, and instead of allowing for procreation and being a natural way of life, it is not. I guess in other words hetero and homo change places.

1 year, 6 months ago
SwaggerPoptart
replied to...

But would you try to change the way you feel attracted to people to satisfy the feelings of society?

1 year, 6 months ago
RogueAmerican
replied to...

If homosexuality was the way the world worked, and that was the natural way of life, I wouldnt be opposed.

1 year, 6 months ago
SwaggerPoptart
replied to...

Going off of that, I'm guessing you probably feel more comfortable with heterosexual relationships. So hypothetically, if being homosexual was the norm in society and was promoted by your religion, and was the only means of reproduction, would you feel like you were "wrong" for being heterosexual? How would you react to being criticized for the way you feel towards personal relationships?

1 year, 6 months ago

In lines with my favorite quote, fallacies remain fallacies even after becoming fashions. I personally don't care about the sexual orientation of individuals, but that doesnt mean I am open to the idea of homosexuality. Even if it were the norm, I wouldn't follow it out of religious adherence and frankly practicality (as a heterosexual relationship produces children).

Those are my personal beliefs, and I guess not open to too much argument beyond pure philosophy. I like your original question/argument though poptart.

1 year, 6 months ago

yeah, this app removes all punctuation from thread titles. I don't know why.

1 year, 6 months ago
SwaggerPoptart
replied to...

I wasn't trying to imply that he is gay.

1 year, 6 months ago
SwaggerPoptart
replied to...

The statement I posted was something dalton7532 stated. It was a quote from him. what I was asking is if being gay was the norm, would Dalton stay straight since he seems to feel that way, or would he choose to become gay to conform to society's expectations.

1 year, 6 months ago

dalton is a gay? ok i think it shouldnt matter to anybody since being a gay is legal.

1 year, 6 months ago

of course he would! conformity is apparently the American way lol.

but kudos, excellent argument.

1 year, 6 months ago

Dalton, if you were told being straight was not normal, and that it was wrong, would you stop loving who you felt you should love to conform with society's feelings?

1 year, 6 months ago
Discuss "Dalton7532 Being gay is not normal. It is not right to be gay. " others people religion
Add an argument!
Use the arrow keys to navigate between statements. Press "A" to agree and press "D" to disagree.