If 100% certainty of guilt was possible. and the crime was severe I would support public execution

May 13, 2015, 1:47 am

Agree11 Disagree12

48%
52%

The debate "If 100% certainty of guilt was possible. and the crime was severe I would support public execution" was started by jonatron5 on May 13, 2015, 1:47 am. 11 people are on the agree side of this discussion, while 12 people are on the disagree side. People are starting to choose their side. It looks like most people are against to this statement.

PsychDave posted 1 argument, toughgamerjerry posted 1 argument, I_Voyager posted 1 argument to the disagreers part.

jonatron5, Marvelgirl2002, sighnomore99, skyfrancois_97, andrew_bmx14 and 6 visitors agree.
PsychDave, toughgamerjerry, I_Voyager, transfanboy, WhyNot, Rhiannon09, soullesschicken, sdiop, jedty, pajrc1234 and 2 visitors disagree.

I see no reason to support public executions. I think that it's a malinformed opinion that such a thing produces some kind of good or justice. You don't need people in society constantly exposed to real death. It will not strike fear into anyone. It'll just twist everything up. Less actual violence is the solution to the problem of violence, not more.

4 years, 6 months ago

Why traumatize many people over the site of someone dieing? Unless I am mistaken there is always a small audience at an execution but you need to be qualified to see it. What if a group of kids are running around and playing and stumble upon the execution right as the person is being executed? Then all those kids who saw it need therapy and may not be able to live a normal life ever again. I cannot see why we would need a public execution to know that someone died.

4 years, 6 months ago

I could understand execution if guilt could be certain, but public execution serves no benefit.

4 years, 6 months ago
Discuss "If 100% certainty of guilt was possible. and the crime was severe I would support public execution " philosophy politics
Add an argument!
Use the arrow keys to navigate between statements. Press "A" to agree and press "D" to disagree.