The debate "The Impeachment Inquiry was Full of People's Opinion and no Facts" was started by
November 22, 2019, 12:15 pm.
13 people are on the agree side of this discussion, while 8 people are on the disagree side.
People are starting to choose their side.
It looks like most of the people in this community are on the agreeing side of this statement.
jrardin12 posted 13 arguments to the agreers part.
historybuff posted 9 arguments to the disagreers part.
jrardin12, kbrown91 and 11 visitors agree.
historybuff, mr_raaz8948 and 6 visitors disagree.
In my opinion, they are just opinions. Of course any thing that any president does can be considered as bad. People will only have opinions though, doesn't mean they can't have facts. At the very least, some are just negative about any situation. Trump just stands out cause how much the press gotten into to him. I think he likes it though.
I know it doesn't matter to hate Trump cultists that Hunter Biden committed a crime.
We actually don't know if he did or not. No one has done an investigation.
We will see what? There is nothing to see. We already know that Hunter Biden didn't commit a crime. There is no plausible explanation from anyone of any crime he could have broken. But it won't matter to the trump cultists who don't actually care if hunter committed a crime. They just want an easy excuse to point at some other hypothetical crime to distract them from Trump's definitively proven crimes.
Hmmm. We will see won't we.
What you are saying doesn't even make any sense. You are just stringing together conspiracy theories which have no evidence and little actual common sense tying them together.
If he really was corrupt then anything he would have found could have been proven false. Obviously Biden is trying to hide something. I hope we have an Impeachment and drag in the whitleblower and Hunter Biden to see what they are hiding. Probably a deal with the Russians to make sure that Ukraine didn't get lethal weapons. Of, course there will probably be a lot of pleading the fifth.
he didn't ask ukraine to stop looking into the company, he asked ukraine to get rid of a prosecutor who was considered corrupt by the US and every european nation.... your facts are so off.
If he wasn't involved then Joe Biden would not have needed to ask Ukraine to stop looking into it.
It has been looked into. That is the whole point. Hunter wansn't even at the company when the alleged crimes happened. There is no indication of any kind that hunter biden committed a crime and no one has actually made any kind of specific accusation. People just keep making allusions to maybe there could have been.
The whole point of this story was to give Trump and his lackey's ammo against biden. They cooked this up so they could point to biden and say "look, he' s as corrupt as crooked hilary". It wouldn't matter that he didn't have any evidence. It wouldn't matter that it wasn't true. People, such as yourself, would hear him say Biden is corrupt, they would see some vague underlying source material and they would believe it. Trump was trying to trick people. He committed crimes to try to pull it off and he got caught.
Ha good excuse. Maybe it was because he was on to something...but let's not look into it.
Because he was super corrupt. He was in charge of investigating corruption, but wasn't doing it. He was actively preventing investigations from happening. So he got fired. Then a new prosecutor was appointed who actually did investigate Burisma. Unsurprisingly, Hunter biden was never implicated in any crime. Especially because he got appointed to the board after the alleged crimes happened. There is no credible source that will tell you what crime that Hunter could have committed. They just want to make the innuendo that he could have, maybe, somehow committed a crime. So no one look at trump, look at the hypothetical crimes someone else may have committed instead.
It is all a distraction. Which you clearly have bought into.
Not the case? Then explain why a prosecutor was fired for beginning to look into Burisma during Obama Administration.
Well since no one has ever provided any evidence that is the case, nor has anyone even had a suggestion that seemed remotely like, i would say that is not going to happen.
But if it could be proven to be true, then I would be fully in favor of criminal charges against Biden. But since we know that trump is guilty of those crimes, are you willing to say the same about trump?
And what if we do find stuff on Biden and we find that the reason why after Biden left Ukraine the prosecutor looking into Burisma was fired because of something Hunter was involved in, then what?
The investigation into burisma had nothing to do with Hunter biden. They were being investigated for stuff that happened before he was on the board. And since he was just a figure head on the board, there is no one who legitimately thinks hunter committed a crime. Trump wanted Ukraine to announce the investigation so that he could keep hammering it during the election. He likely didn't think there was any crime to find, he just wanted to slander biden.
FYI: Zelensky ran against corruption. Obviously there was a lot of corrupt in government before the elections (like stopping investigations into Burisma because Hunter Biden was a chairman).
What are you even talking about? He mentioned biden by name on the call. Here is a chunk of the transcript since you seem to not have read it. Trump brought up Biden on the call. He also said in a press conference that he thinks the bidens need to be investigated by Ukraine and by china. He didn't even try to hide it, but you still seem convinced it didn't happen.
"the other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."
Can you name any witnesses that testified and said they didn't think anything was done wrong by trump?
I don't want my tax dollars going to corrupt governments.
What about the dozens who don't think it was a crime?
Actually, no body affirmed that the Biden name or Burisma was mentioned. They just opine that he was talking about them.
1. so that is an extremely unusual thing to do. When added to other facts it is evidence of his crimes.
2. umm no. It is not an opinion. Multiple people have testified that trump ordered them to do this, directly.
3. he explicitly said he wanted the bidens investigated on that call. He also said it on camera shortly after the story broke. That is 100% fact
4. yes, yes he was.
5. sort of. But when dozens of people who work in a specific field think what you are doing in that field is a crime, that is called expert witnesses.
6. Only after the shit hit the fan and they were forced to release an edited version. It is an established fact that they attempted to hide the transcript and they still haven't release an unedited version of it.
when a thug comes to your store and tells you you should pay them so something bad doesnt happen to them, thats ok right?
2. Not proven. Only opinion
3. Trump never said that. What he said, was "Do the right thing on corruption."
4. Bidens not mentioned
5. Opinion. Desagreement on foreign policy.
6. Everyone can read the transcript
I find it interesting how you don't mention CNN or MSNBC as your source
You obviously just watched fox news' take on it. Here are some facts that were established in the inquiry.
1) Trump ordered that aid to Ukraine be withheld.
2) Trump ordered members of the US government to work with his personal attorney who was working to dig up dirt on the Bidens
3) on a call with the president of ukraine, when the president said they were ready for more weapons to defend themselves, trump responded by saying they needed to do him a favor. He then detailed that he wanted them to look into a conspiracy theory about the 2016 election and dig into the Bidens. This was a crime on it's own.
4) Trump insisted that the ukranians had to publicly announce an investigation of the bidens. Preferably the president of Ukraine should be the one to announce it.
5) Numerous people involved thought that what trump was doing was wrong and/or illegal
6) The white house counsel received complaints about the call and shortly afterword arranged to have the transcript of the call put on a computer for top secret documents and restricted knowledge of what happened on the call.